Terry Small posted a diagram of the benefits of reading which is important for us to share with our students. Here’s why:
1. Reading increases our knowledge and vocabulary.
2. Reading lowers stress levels.
3. Reading can lengthen your life by two years.
4. Books can boost your mood and leads to happiness and confidence.
5. Reading helps us relax, heartbeat slows down and muscles melt.
6. Reading brings people together especially when you are part of a book club or reading community.
7. Reading exercises the brain, improving your memory.
8. Reading improves your imagination.
9. Reading about a character’s thoughts and feelings can make you kinder.