Every parent wants the very best for their child. Current research show that MINDFULNESS is a practice necessary for successful leaning and growing.
Benefits of MINDFULNESS:
- Improved solution focused thinking;
- Healthier bodies;
- Improved brain function;
- Happiness in relationships;
- Improved ability to focus on present moment;
- Improved listening and communication skills;
- Accountability and responsibility for ones actions;
- Confidence; and
- Intrinsic motivation.
“Let us keep reminding each other to breathe, to smile, to treat ourselves and one another with kindness. Let us hold each other when we need support, and let us challenge and remind each other of what is truly important. Let us take care of ourselves so that we don’t hand down our unfinished business to the next generation. Let us laugh together, and never lose our joy ... And let us take care of the children -- our children, all the children. Let us mobilize our fierce and passionate mother energy on behalf of all beings on this little blue-green planet we call Mother Earth.”
- Denise Roy, MOMfulness: Mothering with Mindfulness, Compassion and Grace