Dan Rockwell posted the following suggestions on how important relationship is for leaders. I believe these relationships are important for leaders in business and education.
1. Relationship & Performance
– Feeling connected makes difficult work easier and boring work more enjoyable. We bring our best when we care about the people we serve.
2. Relationship & Meaning
– Relationship infuses meaning into work. Strong relationships make work matter.
3. Relationship & Results
– Strong relationships produce remarkable results as long as people work to achieve shared goals. When you care, you give your best. Those who care commit to bring advance to those they care about.
4. Relational Leadership
– Commit to build relationships
– Connect on a human level
– Practice perspective taking
1. How well do you know each team member?
2. How well do your team members think you know them?
3. How are you seeking to understand other people’s situations?
4. How many options have you explored together?
5. How are you evaluating the depth of understanding you are communicating with others?