Gavin McCormack posted the following top 10 qualities of good teachers:
1. They have a strong moral compass. It’s not a competition. If you’ve got a good idea, share it.
2. They share good ideas with other teachers. It is not a competition. Share it.
3. They make teaching come from the heart. They love what they do and it is visible for all to see, including the children.
4. They embrace change! The only constant in education is change. So take. it on.
5. They never take fake sick days. That sick day is a day of great pressure for the school and a day when the child’s potential is not being met.
6. They travel the world on their holiday. They don’t come to school. They know that the education they need is out there. So go and find it. Then come back and inspire us all.
7. They are prepared. They know their subject matter.
8. They are wonderful time keepers and they ask their students to stick to time limits too. “Your written work must be finished by 2 pm.
9. They over communicate with the community. They bring parents in and take students out.
10. They make mistakes and are not afraid to do so. That’s when teachers learn. Give it a go.