Dan Rockwell posted the following suggestions that he got from Cary Chernis and Cornelia Roche from their book “Learning With Feeing.”
Nine strategies of emotionally intelligent leaders:
1. Monitor the emotional climate.
2. Express your feelings to motivate others.
3. Consider how your own behaviour influences others.
4. Put yourself in their shoes.
5. Decipher the underlying emotional dynamics of the situation.
6. Rename how you think about the situation.
7. Create optimal emotional boundaries.
8. Seek out others for help in managing emotions.
9. Help others develop their emotional intelligence abilities.