I saw this post on social media from Susan Cain and was inspired to share it with you. I’ve changed it to suit my life and beliefs.
1. Do beautiful things, just for the sake of it. If you love orchids, build a greenhouse in your basement. I agree, do whatever you love and do it with passion. Don’t put it off until tomorrow.
2. Find work you love and work that matters and do it as excellently as you can.
3. Make a life where you’re as free as possible from the forces of dogma, orthodoxy, and bureaucracy.
4. If you want to live a quiet life, live a quiet life. If you’re humble and don’t like the spotlight, be that. It’s no big deal.
5. If you happen to be a doctor, take care of your patients – really take care of them. Whatever you choose to do, do it with your utmost, best ability.
6. If you have a partner, take care of them even when they get Alzheimer’s and can’t walk and ask the same question over and over again.
7. If you’re a parent, teach your children the things you love, like music, poetry, art, reading so that one day they’ll love it too.