Gavin McCormack posted the following suggestions for parents:
1. Allow your child to pack and carry their own bag to school.
2. Make bedtime and wake up time a nice and calm process.
3. Model the behaviour you want from your child.
4. Talk about feelings and what they mean.
5. Always get to school on time.
6. Allow your child to choose their own clothing. If they want to wear their clothes backwards, allow it.
7. Spend one night per week walking and talking. Look at the moon and discuss big picture ideas.
8. Explain everything and don’t dumb it down.
I especially like the modeling, choices, communication and empowerment.