Leadership First posts a lot of articles on leadership and this one resonated with me because I truly believe servant leadership is the way to lead. He says that there are 11 themes in servant leadership. They are:
1. Calling – do people believe you are willing to sacrifice self-interest for the good of the group?
2. Listening – do people believe you are willing to hear their ideas?
3. Empathy – do people believe you will understand what’s happening in their lives and how it affects them?
4. Empathy – do people believe you will understand what’s happening in their lives and how it affects them?
5. Awareness – do others believe you have a strong awareness for what’s going on?
6. Persuasion – do others follow your request because they want to or because they have to?
7. Foresight – do others have confidence in your ability to anticipate the future and consequences?
8. Conceptualization – do others communicate their ideas and vision for the Organization when you are around?
9. Stewardship – do others believe you are preparing the organization to make a positive difference?
10. Growth – do people believe you are committed to helping them grow and develop?
11. Community Building – do people feel a strong sense of community in the organization you lead?