Lolly Daskal posted the following ways, in an article, to develop leadership skills in your children and I believe they are most important for anyone who has children or works with children as educators, coaches or in families.
1. Be the kind of leader you want them to become.
2. Allow them to pave their own path.
3. Show them ways to succeed.
4. Generate a circle of trailblazers.
5. Seek to understand them so they can learn to understand others.
6. Teach them to be winners.
7. Help them learn to be great communicators.
8. Emphasize the importance of teamwork.
9. Show the importance of character.
10. Encourage an open mind and heart.