Gavin McCormack posted these 10 lessons we need to teach our children:
1. When we fail, when things go wrong or break, that’s the moment when we truly learn the greatest lessons. If we are not making mistakes, we are not making progress. Don’t be afraid to think differently.
2. It’s okay to want to be alone. It’s okay to want to be quiet. It’s okay to be silent and it’s okay to feel sad and cry. Happiness and success are part of life.
3. Success and happiness are not related to how much money we have. Happiness and success come from how much of a difference you can make in the world.
4. There’s nothing wrong with believing in yourself. There’s nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, knowing what you want to achieve and going for it. There’s nothing wrong with having a dream.
5. True friends will always be by your side. Friends who are there for you when times are hard are the ones who will still be there when you are 100 years old.
6. Be yourself! You are perfect just as you are.
7. If you can be anything at all, be kind. Smile at people, say hello, help others for no reason at all. The feeling of kindness is better than any other feeling in the world.
8. Go with your instinct! If it feels wrong, it probably is. Stand up for what you think is right. If you see something you think is wrong, say something. Don’t be a bystander when your eyes witness something that your heart feels is wrong.
9. Question everything. Before you believe a story, always question it! Don’t be afraid to ask why! You have a right to make your own decisions. Choose wisely!
10. Be kind to animals, insects and nature for they are all here to protect you and without them, there would be no you. Your actions, no matter how small will have an impact on every living creature on earth! Take care of us all by acting with kindness.