I have often pondered about what makes certain people have characteristics of resilience when others struggle to achieve? I read an article recently about the characteristics of resilient people which makes a lot of sense. Hailey Lewis, who is a behaviourist, wrote the following suggestions on the characteristics of resilient people:
1. They are more open to new ideas.
2. They assume the best rather than the worst of others.
3. They find opportunity and risk equally fascinating.
4. They embrace positive changes.
5. They see what’s to be done and are happy to lead the charge.
6. They prefer dealing in transparency and honesty rather than obscurity and deceit.
These characteristics certainly apply to the people who are resilient. We can all learn from them.