Strati Georgopoulos reminded us of these 6 things people do when they’re mentally strong:
1. They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
2. They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
3. They stay happy. They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
4. They are kind, fair and unafraid to speak up.
5. They are willing to take calculated risks.
6. They celebrate other people’s success. They don’t resent their success.
I try to follow these goals and am successful most of the time. Sometimes it’s easier than other times. I think there are lots of people today who struggle more now because of their isolation during this pandemic. My heart goes out to you if you’re affected by this isolation. One thing that helps me when I feel isolated is to count my blessings.
My hat goes off to the many parents who are juggling work and teaching their children from home.