Lolly Daskal posted the following 11 powerful thoughts to help change direction at any age:
1. The present is what matters.
2. Everything changes.
– don’t wallow in failures or worry about what might go wrong.
3. We all get derailed.
– Accept your derailment as a new path instead of an obstacle.
4. Start in small increments.
– Take baby steps and small wins until you start to build momentum.
5. Focus on the journey, not the destination.
– Every step of the way has it’s own lessons and beauty.
6. Don’t make excuses.
– Own failures and move on in a spirit of self-acceptance.
7. Risks are worth taking.
– You cannot protect yourself from failure so stop protecting yourself from what happens.
8. Discomfort is OK.
– When you learn to be okay with discomfort, you turn that feeling into an action of personal growth.
9. Safety is an illusion.
– The moment you accept that, this is the moment you can begin and be free to try all the things you were scared to try.
10. Surround yourself with the right people.
– You’re only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
11. Uncertainty is the only certainty.
– It is how we embrace uncertainty in our lives that leads to great transformation of our souls.