Sean Covey is a genius! He has written The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens and The 7 Habits of Happy Kids. His books are fun, with lots of cartoons and pictures!
What are Habits? Things we do repeatedly without even thinking. Some examples on page 8 (for teens) are:
- Exercising regularly
- Planning ahead
- Showing respect for others
- Thinking negatively
- Feeling inferior
- Blaming others
- Taking showers in the morning
- Eating yogurt with a fork
- Reading magazines back to front
Looking for some activity suggestions?
- Identify above habits as good, bad or indifferent.
- Try folding your arms. Now try folding them in the opposite way. How does this feel?
- In pairs, share a bad habit you have that you’d like to change. Discuss what each of you would need to do to change it. Share with class.